It’s finally here – Skype4B MAC!
Skype for Business is the fastest growing unified communications tool on the planet.
According to Microsoft, over 100 million people now use Microsoft Lync to communicate for work, with 79% of USA enterprises currently using or planning to deploy Lync for telephony. There are a lot of us out there that have been waiting.
With Lync 2011, MAC users have shared the same main functionally as their colleagues on the Skype for Business client… however, it lacked the robust nature of the PC version. Now that has all changed. Microsoft has released Skype4B MAC client and it is really cool!
My 3 WOW moments
- Clean client interface – simple intuitive navigation
- High definition video - full screen video for a better meeting experience
- Screen sharing from your monitor of choice.
Check out all of the improved Meeting Experiences
Easy one-click join feature, full-screen video, and a choice of views make the experience for meetings smoother and easier than ever.
- One-click join- See your schedule for today and tomorrow, preview meeting details, and join right from the Meetings tab.
- Meeting actions- Easily mute, add participants, IM your colleagues, and share and view the desktop.
- Contacts- Finding and adding contacts has never been easier. Call, chat, and share your desktop in a snap.
- Chats- Use instant messaging (IM) to connect with your contacts in real time and on a moment’s notice.
- Chat history - Find a previous conversation and rejoin a conversation at any time.
- Presence- Let people know that you're available, and also see whether people are offline or online, and whether they’re busy, in a meeting, or available.
- Personal notes - Add a message to your presence status to give people more information about what you’re up to.
- Group video calling - See up to four meeting participants in the meeting window at the same time, with better video quality, smart transitions from presenters and participants, and the ability to share content
- Calls - Manage all aspects of calling with voice mail, missed calls, call logs, call forwarding, and simultaneous ringing.
- Accessibility- Improved keyboard navigation, screen reader compatibility, and visual enhancements help make Skype4B on Mac friendlier for everyone.
Have a MAC and want to see the perks of Skype for Business hosted voice?