Skype for Business Enterprise Voice improves business communication & collaboration - streamlining interactions with employees and customers across the globe! Skype for Business (formerly Lync) goes where you go!
With Skype for Business, users have a single interface to keep track of their contacts’ availability, send IMs, start or join audio, video, or web conferences or make phone calls.
Joining a scheduled Skype for Business Meeting
Most of the time, joining a Skype for Business meeting is as simple as clicking the meeting link. And you can join from anywhere, such as an airport, a coffee shop, your hotel, or your mobile device when you’re on the road, whether you’re connected to your corporate network or not.
Scenario 1: Joining a Skype for Business meeting from Outlook
To join a Skype for Business meeting from an Outlook meeting request, click Join Skype Meeting.
From the meeting reminder, click Join Online.
TIP: You can also join a meeting by right-clicking the meeting in the Calendar, and then clicking Join Skype Meeting.
Scenario 2: Joining a meeting from Skype for Business
From the Skype for Business main window, you can join a Skype for Business meeting right from the Meetings tab, if the meeting was set up by an organizer inside your company.
- To do this, click the Meetings tab in the Skype for Business main window.
- Right-click a Skype for Business meeting to join, and then click Join.
Scenario 3: Joining a Skype for Business meeting using a non-work computer
Use Skype for Business Web App to join a Skype for Business meeting from your browser if you do not have Skype for Business installed.
- Connect an audio device to your computer. If you do not have an audio device, you can dial in with a phone to connect to the audio portion of the meeting.
- Click the Join Skype Meeting link in the Outlook invitation.
- Type your name in the text box, and make sure that the option to install the Skype for Web app plug-in is selected.
- Click Join Meeting.
- When prompted to run or save the plug-in file, click Run.
Scenario 4: Joining a Skype for Business meeting using a mobile phone
- Dial the conference dial-in number listed in the meeting invitation.
- When prompted, enter the Conference ID.
- Upon joining a meeting, each attendee is muted by default.
- If you are joining the meeting from your work computer or Enterprise Voice-enabled work phone, you don’t have to enter a PIN or passcode. If you are joining with a mobile phone that isn’t configured with your account, you may be asked for a PIN and work number/extension. You can find this information in the invitation link.
Starting an unplanned meeting
Start an impromptu meeting to discuss a subject that needs immediate attention.
- Select your Skype for Business contacts by holding down the CTRL key as you click each name in your Contact list.
- Right-click any of the selected names, and then click Start a Conference Call or if you prefer video Start a Video Call.
TIP: To add more contacts to the call, just drag them from the Contacts list to the group conversation window.
Ready to be a Skype for Business Meeting Expert?