A well-managed internal help desk ensures smooth day-to-day operations for your company and is an essential resource for your employees.
Most organizations have separate platforms for their business UC and for their contact center, but this doesn’t allow the contact center to take advantage of UC for customer care. One of these challenges is the inability of subject-matter experts (SMEs) to help with customer interactions.
In today's business world, flexibility and communications can be the difference in your business being a success or a failure. Your Hosted Unified Communications strategy will be the foundation and lifeline of your business. How can you figure out if your business needs to invest in a Unified Communications strategy?Read More
SKYPE FOR BUSINESS CONTACT CENTER
Thousands of companies have successfully deployed millions of Skype for Business seats, yet many still don’t think of Skype for Business as a platform for their contact center. What they may not know is that Skype for Business is a natural fit and has significant advantages over legacy PBX platforms.Read More
Topics: Contact Center
Running a contact or call center on a different telephony platform than the rest of the organization is shockingly common given all the headaches this causes. And many are not aware Skype for Business is a perfect platform for a multi-channel contact center.
Here are some reasons why you should consider consolidating platforms:
- Cost – Why pay for duplicate services or features across more than one product/platform?
- Support and availability – Supporting two technology platforms not only means work and training, it introduces more complexity – especially when the two platforms need to interact. This means more resources devoted to maintenance, and also an increased likelihood of outages.
- Interoperability – A patchwork of different products may not work well together, and can be difficult to configure and keep working together. For example, when two PBX platforms transfer calls between each other, it can cause:
- Dial-plan issues that don't match on the two systems. This means that calls can work from one system, but don’t complete on the other, which is painful to troubleshoot, identify and resolve.
- Codec/transcoding issues can cause poor audio or failed calls
Another excellent solution is a contact center that’s native to Skype for Business. A truly native product will be considerably simpler to install and maintain, and can take full advantage of the often complex arrangements that are made for large enterprise environments with very little additional effort.
If you are like every other business out there, you care a great deal about your image and your reputation. Since the internet and technology is a huge part of nearly every business, more businesses are even more determined to make a great impression on their customers. We live in a world that is filled with competition. So, it certainly makes sense that so many businesses are trying to do whatever they can to create a positive image for their customers, potential business partners, and the media.Read More
Topics: Contact Center