Owl Labs' 2018 State of Video Conferencing report has arrived and it paints an interesting picture of the industry. The overall need for conferencing is growing as remote work becomes increasingly common; 52% of US-based employees work from home at least once per week. The report helps businesses understand and assess the most effective options based on the growing needs of the market. Results are based on the survey responses of 1,152 video conferencing users.
The report most notably discovered that companies’ top video conferencing choices include Zoom Video Communications and Skype for Business, which today hold 45% of the market. However, there was a clear preference based on company size, with 64% of companies with 500 or more employees using Skype for Business, and 72% of companies with 500 or fewer using Zoom Conferencing.
When investigating overall customer satisfaction, Zoom significantly outperformed all other solutions. Specifically, Zoom customers rate their solution more than 2x higher than the industry average.
Other findings include:
- 93% of people agree that conferencing is effective at improving the connectedness of remote employees.
- Zoom, Skype for Business, and Google Hangouts are the most used amongst growing companies.
- 89% of companies still use multiple video conferencing platforms.
- On average, a company switches between 2-3 different conferencing solutions.
- 27% of the time, a team’s #1 challenge with video conferencing is finding and booking conference rooms.
- Companies with 5,000-10,000 employees struggle the most with having enough conference rooms.
For many companies, the choice has been boiled down to Zoom or Skype for Business. But honestly, not all companies or even departments need just a single conferencing solution. You shouldn't have to pick the lesser of two evils, you should get the right solution for the right job. CallTower offers both Zoom and Skype for Business, so schedule your demo for either service (or both!) today: