Government agencies have some of the most stringent security requirements in the world and for good reason. The data and information they handle are often highly sensitive, making them a prime target for attackers. As such, these organizations must take extra care to ensure that their networks and systems are secure. To accurately and consistently meet the ever-changing compliance needs of government agencies and contractors, Microsoft has created applications like GCC High.
What Is GCC High?
Utilizing components of Azure, Office 365, and EMS, GCC High is a cloud service that provides high-level security for US government entities. GCC High offers the same comprehensive security and compliance features as the standard versions of these services, but with additional controls to meet the specific needs of government agencies.
GCC High is specifically designed to meet the high-security requirements of US Federal, State, Local, and Tribal governments. This includes data residency within the United States, support for government-restricted connectivity, and other measures to ensure that Azure services meet the security requirements of these customers. Customer data is protected by state-of-the-art security technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and encryption. In addition, all data is backed up to ensure business continuity in the event of an unforeseen disaster.
What Organizations Can Benefit From GCC High?
GCC High is available to any organization that needs to meet the high-security requirements of the US government. If your organization handles sensitive data or information, GCC High can provide the extra security and compliance features you need to keep your data safe. When combined with the comprehensive features of Microsoft Teams, GCC High can help you create an environment that is secure, productive, and compliant. A few of the benefits of using GCC High include:
- Improved security and compliance posture
- Reduced risk of data breaches and leaks
- Increased productivity through the use of Microsoft Teams
- Streamlined compliance processes
Unifying Communications and Collaboration
Microsoft Teams is a powerful tool for unified communications and collaboration, and GCC High provides the security and compliance features needed to run Microsoft Teams in GCC High. Microsoft Teams offers the following features:
- Unified communications: With Microsoft Teams, users can make audio and video calls, and send instant messages. Microsoft Teams also integrates with other Office 365 applications, such as Outlook, OneNote, and SharePoint.
- Team collaboration: Microsoft Teams offers team collaboration features, such as the ability to create and manage teams, chat with team members, and collaborate on documents.
- Enterprise voice: With Microsoft Teams, users can make calls using their Office 365 account. Microsoft Teams also integrates with phone systems, such as Skype for Business and PBXes.
Organizations using GCC High for Microsoft Teams can take advantage of a number of benefits, including:
- Increased security and compliance with government regulations
- Access to Microsoft Teams features and services not available in lower environments
- The ability to run Microsoft Teams in a hybrid deployment with on-premises resources
Are you looking for ways to remain compliant and secure while using Microsoft Teams in GCC High? Do you think GCC High is the right tool for your organization's needs? We know when there are other options on the table, it can be hard to choose. While you brainstorm and evaluate your options, keep in mind what's important to you and your organization. Don't take shortcuts when it comes to security, and always remember that compliance should be a top priority.
Contact us today by clicking on the "Let's Connect" image below to learn more about our unified communications and collaboration solutions, and how telephony from CallTower Direct Routing can provide you with the compliance and security features you need to run Microsoft Teams in GCC High: